Quality Assurance Controller
Quality meets improvement. Bring a rigorous approach to HACCP food quality and safety while constantly seeking to raise standards even further across our cold storage technology.
Norish is a UK-based, multi-temperature warehousing and logistics business providing services to a wide range of importers, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and distributors. Our number one priority is to meet and surpass customer expectations. Is this an objective you can help us fulfil as a hands-on Quality Assurance Controller with responsibility for food safety, product quality, and technical integrity? Can you bring your experience and HACCP knowledge to our determined improvement policy? If so, read all about a role that could represent an exciting next step in your Quality Assurance career.
A high-level, multi-facing role involving all aspects of traceability and continuous improvement
Your core task as the Quality Assurance Controller is to work as an integral part of the site supervisory team, deploying your technical knowledge to ensure that all technical standards are in place across all our sites. In doing so you maintain the company’s commitment towards compliance with the HACCP-based quality system so that required approvals (typically BRC and customer standards) are achieved and food quality/safety/legality standards are consistently met.
At the same time, you provide a line of effective communication to the operations teams and pursue a focus on continuous improvement through engagement with operations and service departments. You report directly to the Head of Technical, Compliance and H&S and work closely with customers and statutory bodies.
Your day-to-day activities include:
- Upkeep the company HACCP to an auditable standard to meet Customer and legislative requirements;
- Auditing the factory environment to ensure that the requirements are achieved, identifying any weaknesses;
- Auditing to ensure that the identification, segregation and traceability of products are maintained;
- Inputting KPIs to assist in driving improvements in technical standards and performance (product, process and environmental) across sites;
- Performing review and trend analysis to reduce customer complaints;
- Preparing for factory visits and audits, providing information required and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
At all times you ensure relevant internal personnel are fully aware of technical status and issues which require their input for improvement. You also provide technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of technical issues.
A large and international structure
Norish is a 100% subsidiary of the Nichirei Corporation. We work closely with other members of the Nichirei group such as Thermotraffic and Kevin Hancock Ltd to offer a seamless, end-to-end multi-temperature warehousing and logistics chain. In doing so we provide services to importers, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and distributors. You will therefore be working within a substantial and proven organization that offers all the resources necessary to do your job to the best of your ability.
The Norish offer
You will join a highly expert and committed team and enjoy an informal working atmosphere where everyone looks out for each other. Other benefits include:
A market-based salary;
- 25 days annual holidays
- Pension and insurances
- Training opportunities
It goes without saying that to apply for this role you should be familiar with the technical details and standards as they relate to the product quality and reliability expected by our customers. But beyond that you are someone with a ‘can-do’ approach who gets out of the office and onto the site, proactively ensuring that everything is in order so that we drive quality up and complaints down.
You also act as a motivational team leader and flexible team player, taking the initiative and embodying real organizational talents. With this will come the excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills necessary to achieve targets, objectives and continuous improvement in a cross-functional team environment.
The formal requirements are:
- Quality Assurance supervisory experience at a factory team level, ideally involving frozen and chilled foods;
- HACCP level 3 qualification and broad knowledge of food legislation and food hygiene standards;
- Working knowledge of BRC standards, Policies/ Codes of Practice for major UK retailers;
- A logical approach, with excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Flexible, enthusiastic and able to travel to our sites around the UK.
Get in touch!
If you think this is the role for you, contact us today via the application button on this page. If you have any questions, please call us at +31 (6) 82399779 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Why choose Norish?
We operate positively and flexibly, we love to solve problems and do so with great success. We also understand that regardless of how well a strategy is constructed and mechanisms are created, it is people who think and act. Our employees are precious to us and to reflect this perspective, we focus on developing them and creating an enjoyable and rewarding workplace.