Cold Store Operative with reach truck driving expertise
Apply your storage and reach truck driving skills to the safe and accurate operation of a hi-tech, cold storage warehouse
Norish is a cold storage pioneer that serves a wide range of customers across the food sector. Our state-of-the-art cold store warehousing complex at Bury St Edmunds is central to our UK operations. As a growing company, we are currently recruiting Cold Store Operatives with reach truck driving expertise for the St Edmunds site.
Are you a flexible warehouse professional who can meet the highest standards of safety and accuracy? Would you like to work in a friendly atmosphere where everyone is encouraged to develop their skills? If so, read on to find out more about this opportunity with Norish.
The highest levels of operations and safety
Your main task as a Cold Store Operative is to move products in and out of the cold store in a safe, timely and accurate manner. In doing so you work with a range of mechanical handling equipment including forklift and reach trucks, pallet inverters, loading bay ramps, scales, pallet wrap machines, and mobile racking.
Your daily tasks include:
- The safe and accurate handling of stock and equipment with an absence of errors/omissions on handling and no damage to product or equipment;
- Accurate stock placement and assembly so that product and customer orders are dispatched accurately;
- De-stuffing of containers and topping up of pallets so that products are placed and stored correctly;
- Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy working environment so that the site meets the standards of any internal/external housekeeping inspection at any time.
At all times you ensure that standards and procedures are maintained at the levels required by the company and its customers. In addition, you always maintain good communication with colleagues and customers.
A large and international structure
Norish is a 100% subsidiary of the Nichirei Corporation. We work closely with other members of the Nichirei group such as Thermotraffic and Kevin Hancock Ltd to offer a seamless, end-to-end multi-temperature warehousing and logistics chain. You will therefore be working within a substantial and proven organization that offers all the resources necessary to do your job to the best of your ability.
The Norish offer
Norish takes pride in creating a friendly and informal working atmosphere where everyone looks out for each other. Other benefits include:
- Market-based salary
- 20 days of annual holiday with one day added for each year of service up to a maximum of 25 days after five years
- Pension and insurances
- Training opportunities
To apply for this position as a Cold Store Operative you must be accurate, numerate and able to within a cold store environment. You will need to get up to speed quickly with operational requirements so that you can follow procedures that meet the requirements of Norish and its customers.
If that sounds like you, please contact us. The other baseline requirements are:
- Previous experience in warehousing, distribution/logistics is an advantage;
- Experience of working in the cold storage industry is preferred but not essential;
- Reach truck driving experience and a Counterbalance Forklift license;
- Although you work from 14.00-22.30 as part of a 3-shift system, you need to be flexible as hours will sometimes change depending on business needs;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Get in touch!
If you think this is the role for you, contact us today via the application button on this page. If you have any questions, please call us at +31 (6) 82399779 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose Norish?
We operate positively and flexibly, we love to solve problems and do so with great success. We also understand that regardless of how well a strategy is constructed and mechanisms are created, it is people who think and act. Our employees are precious to us and to reflect this perspective, we focus on developing them and creating an enjoyable and rewarding workplace.